Repair Station Quality Manager
• Become a key contributor on a highly passionate, diverse, and excellent team.
• Have a hand in developing strategy and building a high-performing Repair Station as we scale up across the U.S.
• Health insurance and benefits, retirement savings, unlimited paid time off, a strong and supportive culture, professional development, and growth.
Jet It is one of the fastest-growing private aviation companies in North America and we expect to double our fleet and customer base over the next year with continued growth beyond. We are seeking an experienced and versatile professional to be a ground floor team member at a new MRO facility and a key participant in the Part 145 certification process. Repair Station Quality Manager is responsible for all aspects of quality and regulatory compliance for the repair station operation and acts as primary Repair Station liaison with DOT/FAA in local matters relating to airworthiness and regulatory compliance. You will be expected to lead a dynamic team of quality control inspectors, receiving inspectors, and internal inspection teams to achieve excellence through mentoring, driving employee engagement, and building up junior leaders within the Quality Control Department.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
• The Quality Manager has the overall authority in the approval for return to service (RTS) of articles maintained, repaired, or overhauled under the repair station.
• Own and deliver methodology to ensure that quality control across the repair station meets and exceeds compliance with FAA regulations and Company standards.
• Establish objectives and metrics for quality, safety, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
• Select, audit, and approve vendors as required to support Repair Station activities.
• Manage planning, execution and documenting the Internal Evaluation Process, audit results and corrective action for any findings.
• Coach and mentor direct reports to further advance their effectiveness and career development.
• Direct and lead all quality department personnel assigned to the inspection department and stockroom.
• Make Safety a Priority and provide appropriate risk management as a core element of maintenance
• Monitor Training Program and records for all personnel, ensuring team members are adequately trained.
• Oversee the process improvements to optimize operations and improvements to the RSM/QCM and ensure that procedures outlined in the RSM/QCM are followed and executed.
• Evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions with respect to hazards, incidents, and accidents.
• Determine that all technical data on all articles overhauled or repaired by the repair station are secured and kept current with latest revisions
• Ensure inspections performed, maintenance records, reports, and forms are properly documented on all completed work before approving for return to service
• Manage the first acceptance of all incoming material, the airworthiness of articles, including new parts and supplies on which work has been performed outside the repair station.
• Participate in the documentation of the Corrective Action Process to ensure timely and accurate processing of aircraft maintenance records for maintenance performed at assigned facility.
• Conduct safety and/or quality escape investigations, analysis and identification of the cause or probable cause of all hazards, incidents, and accidents
• Identify Hazards to aircraft operation, personnel, and provide appropriate risk management mitigation
• Responsible for monitoring Calibration Program.
• Assure periodic scheduled checks are made on all inspection tools, gauges and the calibration of precision test equipment used by the repair station. Further assure that a current record of those inspections and tests are maintained.
• Participates in recruiting to identify internal / external candidates for promotion and hire.
• Other tasks as assigned by the General Manager.
Essential Job Requirements
• Ability to relocate to Greater Memphis, TN metro area
• Thorough familiarity with the applicable Code of Federal Regulations, DOT 49 CFR Subpart C and Title 14, for administering repair station regulatory compliance while conducting work under 14 CFR part 145.
• Currently certificated Airframe and Powerplant (A+P) mechanic under 14 CFR part 65.
• Five to seven total years of related aviation quality experience.
• Three to five years supervisory experience.
• Ability to read and interpret complex drawings, technical specification.
• Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
• Effective time management and having organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Familiarity with Corridor and excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills Microsoft Teams and Adobe PDF.
• Demonstrated leadership ability strong, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Shall read, write, and understand the English language.
• Bachelor’s degree or 10 total years’ experience in Part 145 MRO operations.
• 5+ years’ experience as direct liaison with the FAA
• Experience involving maintenance support of Part 135 flight operations
• Previously or currently certificated Inspection Authorization (IA) under 14 CFR part 65
• Prior Quality Manager or Chief Inspector at medium to large MRO facility
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jet It is an Equal Opportunity Employer.